3.24.2008

Jay's Visit to Colorado


My best friend of 9 years (?) finally got to come out and visit me here in Colorado. I hadn't seen her since I moved out to New Mexico after my father passed away. I was living with her up to that point...so the separation was rough, given the circumstances.

Anyway, I was thrilled to see her. She stayed from the 13th to the 19th of March and we had a lot of fun and really just enjoyed being around each other again.

After I picked her up from the airport we made a trip a little south of Denver to go pick up one of my favorite beverages of all time...Lavender Milk Tea.

Pictured to the left is a Lollicup milk tea with boba pearls.

This is possibly my favorite tea of all time. That's saying something because I love soooooooo many different teas. White, green, black, rooibos, herbal, ect. Second up would have to be the many many different types/flavors of Chai. Nomnomnomnom...you can nomnom tea...don't question me.

From there we made a few other stops on the way back north to the house...the house in which I reside. [/begin rant] The one that won't sell...because some stupid realtor painted the kitchen some ugly rusty brownish...nasty..color. [/end rant] :)


We stopped by World Market to explore and pick up some more lavender goodies...or goody. My current favorite brand of chocolate. I am a chocolate snob...I'll proudly admit that. One of these bars lasts me about a week. It's so creamy and smooth and all of the various flavors that New Tree has to offer are never too strong or not strong enough. I highly recommend this brand of chocolate. Though, they're on the expensive side running at about $5 per bar. Jayde couldn't seem to get enough while she was here. :) It's a good thing she can find this brand down in Texas.

Once we made it home, we exchanged gifts that we'd gathered for each other over the last year and a half. Jayde and I have always had this sort of tendency to buy things for each other whenever we see something that we'd like to get the other. We've done this as long as I can remember. No special occasion needed.

She got me some scented oil called Moon Oil that smells wonderful. Being that I'm a cancer the moon is my "planet" I'm not surprised that I love it so much. :) She also got me a pretty necklace that I couldn't get decent pictures of this evening for some reason...just wasn't cooperating. A while back I remember her telling me about this sketchbook she'd gotten me that had a wooden cover. It features the ability to replace the binding so that it can hold more paper. Currently it has some paper in it that appears to be marbled scrapbook paper...I'll probably replace it with some homemade recycled stuff and make it thicker. Pretty spiffy huh? It's so that when I go to a renfest in garb (costume) I can be "authentic". =^_^=

Oh..it doesn't stop there...she got me two shirts that I adore. One of them I've wanted for a while and just never got. The other is possibly the most accurate shirt I've ever worn that expresses the Zeibers.
/dance Nyarr

That's right...NYARR! I'm wearing it right now. =^_^= It's now my favorite shirt.

After the gift exchange we watched Blades of Glory and Napoleon Dynamite. Blades of Glory is such a funny movie...Napoleon Dynamite is just...odd.

The first night she was here we had one of my favorite chicken recipes...Scott and I just call it Cardamom Chicken. It's so tasty. We don't follow the recipe linked entirely...well...we leave out the salt. Scott and I don't add any salt to our food. If we do it's a teeny tiny amount.

Then she and I spent the rest of the evening playing with the kitties. I have some pictures...but Xora is a little camera shy so it's all Peekaboo. She's not camera shy...at all.
Photobucket

Peeka playing with Jay's hair.

Photobucket Photobucket

Oddly enough after I got her when she was a kitten...naming her Peekaboo seemed to be surprisingly accurate.

Photobucket

Demon Kitty!

Photobucket Photobucket

=^_^= I Luffs My Kitty.

We went to visit my friends Jenny, Matt, and Fox. We didn't do much but sit around and watch Matt play Bioshock. Which is a frickin sweet game, btw. Creepy..but...somehow vastly amusing.

We also went to The Butterfly Pavilion in Westminster. We took a lot of photos there too.
Photobucket Photobucket

And then Jay snagged some photos of me taking photos...O.o

Photobucket Photobucket

There are more of course but I didn't want to flood this thing with more pictures...I already have a ton in here. Hehe. There are more to come!


I also took her to the Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory in Boulder. That factory smells sooooooooooooo good. They were making Sleepytime that day.

We sampled some different teas because it's free...and that's awesome. The tours are also free. They're not usually running the factory on the weekends though...so going during the week is best. They keep their tea and their mints separated from the other herbs. Tea is super absorbent and would take in all the other flavors of things around it. The mints are very very very powerful and would make everything taste like mint. The mint room smells phenomenal though. If you have any sinus problems at the time it will clear that right up. Some people can't even stand to be in the room for too long because it's so powerful because of all that menthol. I love it personally.


There was one night it snowed for her while she was here. Big fat snowflakes too. It was pretty but it was gone by the next day. Jay was excited cause she'd never really seen snow like this before. I'll have to get her out here in the winter when it REALLY snows.

She had a great time while she was here. I took her back to the airport and was okay til it kicked in that she was gone. My heart was so heavy all the way home. It's hard being so far away from her.

I might get to see her again in April when Scott and I go visit my other family in Texas. The only remaining family he hasn't met yet. The Herods.

Anyway...we had a good time while she was here. I miss her tons already...and probably always will. Maybe I can convince her one day that she should move out here. =^_^=





No comments: